There are few places in life that give us as much pleasure as Costco. Maybe it’s the bulk concept (like the opposite of the mini or fun-size concept) or maybe it’s the thrill of finding a really great deal. Either way—We’re hooked! What’s even better is that Costco has been stepping up their healthy and organic varieties. Over the past few months, brands we love like Banza, Simple Mills, Birch Benders and Chosen Foods have been making their appearance on the warehouse shelves. According to Huff Post, Costco actually sells more organic food than Whole Foods!
The only thing we don’t love about Costco is that fact that each location and each day isn’t consistent. Which means that each time you walk into Costco, your favorite items may be in a new place and you have to go on the hunt to find them. Even then, some offerings come and go, which can be a bummer! Regardless, we still find ourselves walking all of the isles to see what need products they have for our cart.
Take a look at some of our favorite staples at Costco.
- Organic apples
- Organic berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- Organic bananas
- Organic spinach and salad mix – Such a good deal on this! Just be sure to check the expiration date.
- Organic green beans
- Organic chopped Mediterranean salad by Taylor Farms – THP fav!
- Organic kale superfood salad by Taylor Farms
- Organic baby carrots
- Organic cherry tomatoes
- Brussels sprouts
- Aidele’s Apple Chicken sausage – THP fav!
- Kirkland organic eggs
- Kirkland organic chicken breasts (frozen)
- Wild Planet Tuna
- Good Foods guacamole singles
- Good Foods organic avocado smash singles – THP fav!
- Kirkland hummus and hummus singles
- Kirkland organic chicken breasts
- Kirkland stir-fry veggies
- Organic edamame
- Green Giant organic riced cauliflower
- Cascadian Farms organic berry blend
Dry Goods and Snacks
- Simple Mills crackers – THP fav!
- Stacy’s organic pita chips – While we don’t eat these, Kelley’s husband loves them!
- RX bars
- Larabars – Check the price here. Sometimes, it’s actually cheaper at places like Kroger.
- Kirkland raw, unsalted nuts
- Dave’s Killer Organic bread – fantastic price for two loaves!
- Banza pasta
- Kirkland organic quinoa
- Kirkland almond butter – THP fav!
- Ottavio avocado oil
- Chosen Foods avocado oil mayo – such a good deal!
- Kirkland extra virgin olive oil
- Mrs. Dash seasoning – no sodium and so much flavor!
- Kirkland organic canned diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and tomato paste
- Paesana organic pasta sauce
- Kirkland organic salsa
- Pacific Foods bone broth – crazy steal here!
- Kirkland almond flour – yet another crazy steal here!
- Kirkland organic honey
- Kirkland organic maple syrup
- Spicelab Himalayan pink salt
- Kirkland sparkling water
- Kirkland organic milk – We don’t drink a ton of cow’s milk, but we’ve heard great things from people that do.
- Kirkland vodka – Pro tip: Kirkland brand alcohol is fabulous and it’s seriously half the price of comparable brands.
Obviously, this list is quite extensive. So there’s no need to to stock-up on everything all at once. But if you’ve ever been interested in a Costco membership, we would highly, highly recommend it.
Have questions? Let us know! Also, we would love to hear from you– what are you must haves from Costco??
Kell & Kels